Welcome to the Farm!
Congratulations! We are excited to welcome you to the Stanford graduate community. Now that you have accepted your offer of admission, your admitting department will send your admission file for verification of the fulfillment of University admission requirements by Graduate Admissions, Student and Academic Services. You will receive notification from Graduate Admissions regarding any additional requirements to be fulfilled as a condition of admission.
Notification occurs after Graduate Admissions, Student and Academic Services has received the application file including official transcripts/academic records from your admitting department. Files are reviewed in the order in which they are received (approximately 7 – 14 business days after receipt). Any To Do items will also be posted in your student Axess account. We are unable to confirm receipt of files or respond to inquiries regarding the status of the review process.
If applicable, I-20/DS-2019 requests are forwarded to the Bechtel International Center upon verification of University admission requirements.
To Do Items in Axess
Check your Axess account to see if any items associated with Graduate Admissions are in your To Do List.
Completion Deadline: All Graduate Admissions To Do items must be completed no later than the first day of your first term. Enrollment beyond your first admitted quarter will not be permitted until all to-do items have been completed.
Review the information below for additional details on how to complete items that may be listed in your To Do list.
Final Official Transcripts
If official final transcripts/degree certifications showing the award of a degree are required, Graduate Admissions must receive the documents directly from the issuing institution.
Final official transcripts must contain the following information:
- Completion of coursework required for the degree
- Degree earned and date the degree was conferred
- Official stamp, seal, and/or embossed marking from the school
- Transcripts and degree documents that are in a language other than English must be accompanied with an official English translation
- Certified Electronic Transcripts: Secure electronically delivered transcripts that are passcode protected, digitally signed, and properly certified by the issuing institution are required. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email attachments: Transcripts sent as email attachments will be rejected.
- ApplyWeb Document Service: International final official transcripts/degree certifications delivery method is via the ApplyWeb Document Service. To submit the order go to your ApplyWeb Applicant Activity Page by clicking on the Review Your Activity link at https://www.applyweb.com/stanford . There is a fee for this service. Note: This service is not available to students in the Graduate School of Business, Law, School of Medicine MD and Physician Assistant Studies programs.
- Stanford does not consider transcripts that come from applicants or that have been in the applicant's possession as official. If your institution sends paper transcripts, it must be in an official sealed envelope that is signed and stamped across the envelope flap by the appropriate academic officer at the institution issuing the document. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the envelope flap, it will not be accepted. Have the institution send it to the address below.
Student and Academic Services
408 Panama Mall, Suite 217
Stanford, CA 94305-6032
Scores from the TOEFL Exam must be received electronically from ETS. If the To Do item indicates that your official TOEFL ETS scores have not been received, contact ETS and request for your score to be sent to institution code 4704 (department code not required).
English Placement Exam
This test may be a required condition of admission for students whose native language is not English. If the “to do” item requires the English Placement Exam upon arrival, please see the English for Foreign Students (EFS) website for details. If you have additional questions, please contact the EFS Office .
Due to the high volume of documentation received during this time we will not be able to confirm receipt of submitted documents or test scores. If you have submitted materials to complete your “to do” item(s), please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for review and completion of your “to do” item in your student Axess account. We will contact you by email if we have questions regarding submitted documents. If after 4 weeks your “To Do” item has not been removed, please send a SU Services & Support Request ticket and your inquiry will be routed to the Graduate Admissions Office. In the Request description field, please note “Conditions of Admission” along with your request.