Skip to content Skip to navigation

Student Visas

In order to register as students, Stanford University requires that all those who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. registered permanent residents must obtain and maintain an appropriate visa status for their stay in the U.S.

Requesting a Visa Certificate of Eligibility

To receive a Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 or J-1 visa, you must have done the following:

If you have further questions regarding your visa status, contact the Bechtel International Center: phone (650) 723-1831, email The International Center cannot return international phone calls.