Graduate study is offered in more than 60 departments and programs. Since you may submit only one application per academic year, it is essential that you carefully review the available programs and choose the one that is most appropriate for your academic goals.
Important Considerations in Selecting a Program
When considering which program is right for you, keep these things in mind:
- You may apply to only one degree program per academic year.
- Most departments only admit students for autumn quarter.
- Some departments admit students who are seeking only a master’s degree.
- Other departments award master’s degrees only to students working toward other degrees in that department.
- A number of departments admit students for doctoral study directly from a bachelor’s program, while some require completion of a master’s degree before approval for doctoral work.
- See "Search Programs" in the tab above for program information and links to the departments' web sites.