About Graduate Admissions
The Office of Graduate Admissions serves as the operational backbone for non-professional, campus-wide graduate admissions processes spanning more than 70 departments across five schools.
Part of the Student and Academic Services division, our work supports the overarching goal to design services and systems that ensure all students have equitable access to opportunities and can enjoy and focus on their education at Stanford.
We work in partnership with each graduate program to ensure a smooth admission experience from application to enrollment at Stanford.
- Oversees the online application system
- Determines university-wide admission requirements
- Reviews the official documents of incoming graduate students to verify that they meet university-wide admission requirements
- Oversees the review of applications
- May supplement university-wide requirements with program-specific admission requirements
- Communicates admission decisions and offers of financial support