Important Dates and Deadlines
The items below should be completed as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition to your graduate program:
As Soon As Possible
Respond to the offer of admission. If receiving department financial aid, the deadline to respond to the offer of admission is April 15.
Upload a photo for your Stanford ID Card by logging in through the Upload link.
Maintain/update mailing address in your student Axess account.
Apply for housing; more information below.
Review Entrance Health Requirement information; more information below.
International Students: Those who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. registered permanent residents should submit I-20 or DS-2019 requests online as soon as possible after accepting a department's offer of admission in order to avoid visa delays. If you are a Fulbright scholar and therefore do not need a Stanford document, contact email@example.com.
Important dates for students starting in Autumn Quarter 2022-23
Housing application deadline for medical accomodations
- Housing application deadline for first-round assignments
Application deadline for online English for Academic Purposes preparatory program, which runs from June 20 to July 30.
Housing application deadline for second-round assignments
July 6 - Otober 28
Entrance Health Requirement Deadline, submitted to Vaden Health Center. (Note: your record must be matricualted before you will have access to the necessary forms. Matriculation for incoming autumn quarter graduate students will start July 22.)
August 5 - September 16
- Housing move-in date options for different circumstances (with school-age children, early options, etc .)
- Deadline for international students starting in Autumn quarter to waive Cardinal Care health insurance coverage.
End of August and September 1
Online Stanford English Placement Test for international students who have the item listed on their To Do list in their Axess account.
- Axess opens for Autumn quarter enrollment. (New international students will not be able to enroll until after arriving on campus.) Sign the Patent and Copyright Agreement on Axess prior to enrollment.
September 12 - 25
- Orientation program for international graduate students organized by Bechtel International Center. Calendar view of schedule.
September 18 - 25
- New Graduate Student Orientation, hosted by The Graduate Life Office. (Their preliminary schedule includes Grad 101 panel, Library tours, Speed Friending, President's Reception, American Football 101, and a lunch and information event.)
- Deadline for domestic students starting in Autumn quarter to waive Cardinal Care health insurance coverage.
- First day of classes; if not already enrolled through Axess, do so before 5 pm. Last day to clear any additional admission requirements (see your “To Do” list in Axess) as specified by Graduate Admissions, Student and Academic Services.
Stanford uses electronic billing and payment services. Charges for tuition, room, and board are billed prior to the beginning of each academic quarter, and are due as indicated on the bill, generally on the 15th of the following month. All other charges are billed monthly as they are incurred. Information about these services and university payment deadlines is available at the Student Services website.
See the 2022-23 academic calendar for important dates throughout the year.