Important Dates and Deadlines
The items below should be completed as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition to your graduate program:
As Soon As Possible
- Respond to the offer of admission. If receiving department financial aid, the deadline to respond to the offer of admission is April 15.
- Upload a photo for your Stanford ID Card by logging in through the Upload link.
- Maintain/update mailing address in your student Axess account.
- Apply for housing starting April 5; more information below.
- Review Entrance Health Requirement information; more information below.
- International Students: Those who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. registered permanent residents should submit I-20 or DS-2019 requests online. Starting in early April, Bechtel will send incoming students send invitations to their Bechel Connect portal.
Important dates for students starting in Autumn Quarter 2023-24
- Deadline to register with the Office of Accessible Education if you will later submit an appliction for disability/medical housing accommodation.
- Housing application deadline for disability/medical accomodation
- Housing application deadline for first-round assignments
- Housing application deadline for second-round assignments
July 6 - Otober 27
- Entrance Health Requirement Deadline, submitted to Vaden Health Center.
- Deadline for international students starting in Autumn quarter to waive Cardinal Care health insurance coverage.
- Online Stanford English Placement Test for international students who have the item listed on their To Do list in their Axess account.
- Axess opens for Autumn quarter enrollment. Refer to the Student Services website and academic calendar for the most current information regarding staggered enrollment. (New international students will not be able to enroll until after arriving on campus.) Sign the Patent and Copyright Agreement on Axess prior to enrollment.
September 11 - 22
- Orientation program for international graduate students organized by Bechtel International Center. (Schedule posted later.)
September 17 - 23
- New Graduate Student Orientation, hosted by The Graduate Life Office. (Previous years' schedules included Grad 101 panel, Library tours, Speed Friending, President's Reception, American Football 101, and a lunch and information event.)
- Deadline for domestic students starting in Autumn quarter to waive Cardinal Care health insurance coverage.
- First day of classes; if not already enrolled through Axess, do so before 5 pm. Last day to clear any additional admission requirements (see your “To Do” list in Axess) as specified by Graduate Admissions, Student and Academic Services.
Stanford uses electronic billing and payment services. Charges for tuition, room, and board are billed prior to the beginning of each academic quarter, and are due as indicated on the bill, generally on the 15th of the following month. All other charges are billed monthly as they are incurred. Information about these services and university payment deadlines is available at the Student Services website.
See the 2023-24 calendar for important dates throughout the year.