Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Transcripts (Academic Records)

Main content start

You must list and provide your unofficial transcript for every post-secondary institution where you were enrolled — or are currently enrolled — in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.

  • Stanford considers unofficial transcripts to be sufficient for the review process. If you are offered admission to Stanford and accept the offer, you will be required to submit official transcripts/degree conferral documents.
  • Your academic records should give detailed information on the content and quality of your performance, titles of the courses you took each year, and the grades you received (including any legends/keys for the institution’s grading scale).
  • If your institution does not issue records in English, you must submit original language records with official English translations. We accept translations issued by the institution or a professional translating service. Translations must be literal and complete versions of the original records.