Final Official Transcripts
If official final transcripts/degree certifications showing the award of a degree are required, Graduate Admissions, Student and Academic Services, must receive the documents through one of the delivery methods listed below. Note that transcripts uploaded with the online application are not considered official.
If at all possible, use certified electronic transcripts to submit your documents. See details below.
Stanford does not consider transcripts that come from applicants or that have been in the applicant's possession as official. Transcripts submitted by the student as email attachments are also not considered official.
Final official transcripts must contain the following information:
- Completion of coursework required for the degree
- Degree earned and date the degree was conferred
- Official stamp, seal, and/or embossed marking from the school
- Transcripts and degree documents that are in a language other than English must be accompanied with an official English translation
- Certified Electronic Transcripts: Secure electronically delivered transcripts that are passcode protected, digitally signed, and properly certified by the issuing institution are required and is sent to us only from the issuing institution or its authorized agent. Send to: email@example.com. Transcripts sent as email attachments or by the student will be rejected.
- ApplyWeb CertiFile Service: International and domestic final official transcripts/degree certifications delivery method is via the ApplyWeb CertiFile Service. To submit the order go to your ApplyWeb Applicant Activity Page by clicking on the Review Your Activity link at https://www.applyweb.com/stanford . There is a fee for this service.
- This service is not available to students in the Graduate School of Business, Law, School of Medicine MD and Physician Assistant Studies programs.
- If your institution will be mailing a traditional paper transcript, it must be in an official sealed envelope that is signed and stamped across the envelope flap by the appropriate academic officer at the institution issuing the document. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the envelope flap, it will not be accepted. Have the institution send it to the address below. Please use the address below until further notice (this is temporary due to COVID).
c/o Bechtel International
584 Capistrano Way
Stanford, CA 94305